How You'll be Evaluated
- Bell Ringers: Each class will begin with a bell ringer activity to introduce/review classroom material. Bell ringers will be checked every other Friday for a quiz grade. Students are responsible for completing bell ringers and keeping them organized in the bell ringer section of their notebook.
- Class Work: All class work should be in either the social studies notebook or folder, depending on the nature of the assignment. It is the student’s responsibility to make up any missed class work if absent. Late work will not be accepted.
- Homework: Students will generally have homework 2 nights a week. Students should be spending 20-30 minutes on their homework, and when there is no written assignment should be reviewing their notes. Homework should be recorded daily in the student’s agenda. Homework is posted on the board daily and remains posted until the due date. Students will generally have two nights to complete homework assignments. It is important that homework assignments be completed and turned in on the day they are due. Late work will not be accepted.
- If a student is absent on the day an assignment is due, it will be collected the day they return. It is the student’s responsibility to make up missed assignments – these assignments will be accepted according to the BCSB policy.
- Homework is graded based on completion and effort. Full Credit-100%: Completed, good effort, and on time. Half Credit-50%: More than half complete but not finished/not enough effort. No Credit-0%: Incomplete/mostly incomplete, not turned in/lazy effort, or did not follow directions.
- Tests/Quizzes & Projects: There will be a test following every unit and students will be provided with a study sessions to help them prepare. Tests are generally worth 100 points. Quizzes will be given throughout our units and are generally worth 100 points. Students will also be completing projects for some units and will be provided with rubric/project guidelines. All tests, quizzes, and projects will be announced.
- Grades: Grades are based on total points earned. Numeric grades will be given for all assignments, however, in accordance with BCSB policy, the letter grade equivalents are: A (90-100), B (80-89), C (70-79), D (60-69), F (Below 60).
- Plagiarism/Copying: Plagiarism, copying, and cheating will not be tolerated. Students may NOT copy other students’ homework. If this happens both students will receive a zero and a note will be sent home. If a student cheats on a quiz/test they will receive a zero and referral will be written. Plagiarism is the act of passing off another persons work as your own. When using the Internet for research students may NOT copy/paste information from websites. If a student plagiarizes they will receive a zero and a note will be sent home.
**IF YOU NEED HELP…ASK!!**
I will be available after school by appointment for extra help. If students stay after school, travel arrangements must be made prior to appointment.